SUPREME COURT LAW LIBRARY
The Law library is an integral part of Belize’s Judiciary. It operates to provide information and materials from the West Indies and the Commonwealth to various sectors of the legal profession.
To ensure access and make our resources useful to the judiciary and legal community of Belize.
- Provide a legal reference service for practitioners and researchers in general.
- Continue to provide legal information through printed and electronic resources.
- Promote a library of quality that will meet every user’s needs.
- Acquire, preserve, and provide access to the library’s facilities which is a fundamental need of all courts in particular by Magistrates and Judges.
The Law Library has access to a few electronic databases that contain legal materials and cases sorted by jurisdiction, date, title and citation. In addition, the Law Library subscribes to various legal reports that are available to our users. The Law Library has many early sets of reports and statutes from England.
There is a need for more recent editions of legal texts.
- Reference enquiries
- Assistance with Research
- Online searches of our available electronic sources
- Access to a computer and the Internet by legal professionals
- Wi-Fi access to the Judiciary and members of the Legal community
- Reading facilities
- Photocopying of relevant legal materials
- Loan of materials on an overnight basis